The following is just a taste of things that are going on this summer at BFCN in Newark, Delaware. Join us for fun, fellowship, and new friendships! Stay tuned as this page is updated in the following weeks…
For Sundays during the summer (beginning July 2nd), there will be no children or adult SS/Discipleship Classes. We will once again provide Philly soft pretzels, coffee, tea, and lemonade in the Frisbie Center. The Elders urge the 8:30 folks to remain for “Linger” and the 11:00 folks to come early so that we can visit and share together as a church family.
- Rittenhouse Park – Creek Baptism to be held on 7/16/2017 following the 11:00 service.
- Encore Drama Ministry presents – Beauty and the Beast – Show times are the following: 6/9 @ 7:00, 6/10 @ 7:00, & 6/11 @ 1:30 – lunch is included. Come enjoy a fun-filled production that will not disappoint.
- Pinebrook Family Bible Conference for BFC Newark – Dates: July 1st – July 7th – There is room for YOU. Consider this week of physical and spiritual refreshment and renewal in the beautiful Pocono mountains. Call 570-424-1212 or check the web site at www.pinebrook.org for more information. Call the church office with questions. Come for a day or two or the entire week.
- Pastor Bill Nights at the Phillies – Details to be announced.
- Be part of the Family Promise Ministry! As a host congregation, BFCN has committed to provide shelter (at our church), meals, drivers and fellowship for up to 4 families (14 individuals) 7 consecutive days, three to four times per year. This is a wonderful opportunity to help families who are experiencing homelessness stay together and to share the love of Jesus Christ with them. Our church is scheduled to host families during the following weeks in 2017:
* 7/23 – 7/30/17
* 8/27 – 9/3/17
Please contact Joyce Ross if you have any questions or would like to participate.
- Grief Share – A new session of Grief Share beginning Thursday, May 18 from 6:30-8:30 pm. in the Comly 3 classroom. We will meet every Thursday for 13 weeks (no meeting on July 6th). This is a support group for those who have lost a loved one recently or in the past. The cost is $15 for the workbook. Scholarships are available. You will find support and encouragement for your grief journey. There are three parts of the program including: a video seminar, small group discussion and workbook exercises. Come visit and see if this support group will help you to move from your grief to healing and hope for the future. Questions or to sign up please contact Evelyn Cowdery, Leah Faber, or Tom and Felice Stang.
- Bulgaria Missions Trip –
- Yard Sale – Saturday, May 27th Please call the church office if you have items to donate.
- End of Summer All Church/Community Picnic on Sunday, September 10 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at BFCN. Burgers, face painting, snow cones, cotton candy, hot dogs, music, face painting, water slides, moon bounces, etc. Bring a lawn chair and a dish to share.
For KIDS of all ages!
- Register Online for Junior High – 2017 CORE Summer Shake-up Events
Victory Valley Camp – Summer Camp for Kids –Brochures available in The Commons. Visit www.victoryvalleycamp.org for more information or contact Becky Silva for more info.
- 2017 Backyard Bible Clubs – Register online.
- Cedar Farms / Newark, DE
June 26- 30 / 6:30-8:00pm
Nick & Tabitha Fitch / (302) 530.5783
- McVey Park & Playground/ Robscott Manor Development
June 19-23 / 6:30- 8:00pm
- Glasgow Pines Park / Bear, DE
June 22-26/ 6:30-8pm
- Weiss Park/ Salem Woods Development
July 3 -7/ 6:30-8:00pm
- Cedar Farms / Newark, DE
*Dates and locations may change. Any changes
will be updated on the church website.
- SNL Summer Events – Details to be announced soon.