The following is just a taste of things that are going on this summer at BFCN in Newark, Delaware. Join us for fun, fellowship, and new friendships! Stay tuned as this page is updated in the following weeks…
For Sundays during the summer (beginning July 2nd), there will be no children or adult SS/Discipleship Classes. We will once again provide Philly soft pretzels, coffee, tea, and lemonade in the Frisbie Center. The Elders urge the 8:30 folks to remain for “Linger” and the 11:00 folks to come early so that we can visit and share together as a church family.
- Rittenhouse Park – Creek Baptism to be held on 7/16/2017 following the 11:00 service.
- Come on out to a fun-filled family event, The Magic of Phil Dalton. Join us on Tuesday, June 27th at 7:00 p.m. here at Bible Fellowship Church of Newark. All are welcome. Invite neighbors and friends to see this magical presentation.
- Encore Drama Ministry presents – Beauty and the Beast – Show times are the following: 6/9 @ 7:00, 6/10 @ 7:00, & 6/11 @ 1:30 – lunch is included. Come enjoy a fun-filled production that will not disappoint.
- Pinebrook Family Bible Conference for BFC Newark – Dates: July 1st – July 7th – There is room for YOU. Consider this week of physical and spiritual refreshment and renewal in the beautiful Pocono mountains. Call 570-424-1212 or check the web site at www.pinebrook.org for more information. Call the church office with questions. Come for a day or two or the entire week.
- Be part of the Family Promise Ministry! As a host congregation, BFCN has committed to provide shelter (at our church), meals, drivers and fellowship for up to 4 families (14 individuals) 7 consecutive days, three to four times per year. This is a wonderful opportunity to help families who are experiencing homelessness stay together and to share the love of Jesus Christ with them. Our church is scheduled to host families during the following weeks in 2017:
* 7/23 – 7/30/17
* 8/27 – 9/3/17
Please contact Joyce Ross if you have any questions or would like to participate.
- Grief Share – A new session of Grief Share beginning Thursday, May 18 from 6:30-8:30 pm. in the Comly 3 classroom. We will meet every Thursday for 13 weeks (no meeting on July 6th). This is a support group for those who have lost a loved one recently or in the past. The cost is $15 for the workbook. Scholarships are available. You will find support and encouragement for your grief journey. There are three parts of the program including: a video seminar, small group discussion and workbook exercises. Come visit and see if this support group will help you to move from your grief to healing and hope for the future. Questions or to sign up please contact Evelyn Cowdery, Leah Faber, or Tom and Felice Stang.
- Bulgaria Missions Trip –
- Yard Sale – Saturday, May 27th Please call the church office if you have items to donate.
- End of Summer All Church/Community Picnic on Sunday, September 10 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at BFCN. Burgers, face painting, snow cones, cotton candy, hot dogs, music, face painting, water slides, moon bounces, etc. Bring a lawn chair and a dish to share.
For KIDS of all ages!
- Register Online for Junior High – 2017 CORE Summer Shake-up Events. Download brochure.
June 7 CORE 6—8 pmJune 14 Pool Party! 6-8 pmJune 28 Dorney Park 8 am—10 pmJuly 12 Laser Tag 12:30—10:30 pmJuly 26 Jungle Jim’s 1:45—10:15 pmAug 9 Ocean City, NJ 9 am—10:30 pmAug 23 Pool Party 6—8 pmSept 20 CORE Kickoff 6—8 pm
Victory Valley Camp – Summer Camp for Kids –Brochures available in The Commons. Visit www.victoryvalleycamp.org for more information or contact Becky Silva for more info.
- 2017 Backyard Bible Clubs – Register online.
Hunters Crossing ApartmentsJune 19-23 / 12-2 pm
Hollingsworth ManorJune 26-30 / 12-2 pm
Cedar Farms / Newark, DEJune 26-30 / 6:30-8 pm
Glasgow PinesJuly 3-7 / 6:30-8 pm
*Dates and locations may change. Any changes
will be updated on the church website.