(This ministry is for folks who are 55 years young & up!)
What a privilege to be in this season of life. Of course, this season is not without its challenges. I know for me personally, each year seems to add another ache or pain. This is part of the process of life in our fallen state. God’s grace is sufficient for this season just as in all the seasons of life. And like any season, they do come to an end. I rejoice in the reality that I am a lot closer to the day of standing before Jesus Christ my Lord than when I believed. And in that day, I shall see Him as He is and be like Him!
Until that day, I am blessed with the assurance of God’s presence and His purpose for my life right now. To ponder the thought that God Almighty wants to use me/us to proclaim His glorious goodness and our “so great salvation” is beyond by ability to comprehend. I am also blessed by each of you, my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. You also share this golden season with the blessed assurance of God’s presence and purpose. Yes, the Almighty Creator desires to use you and me to shine His glory in and through His church to a world lost and hopeless in sin.
As we draw closer to Christ’s glorious presence, we need to consider, “what have I done in this life that will truly count for all eternity”? Certainly, time has been a good teacher but more than that, we have the Holy Spirit and the Word of our God to know that the things this world values are temporary at best. The Lord wants to use us and our experiences to share His love with others. Let us be courageous in this world for the Gospel of Jesus Christ together!
- Our Purpose:
- to encourage one another in our walk with Christ by providing an atmosphere of spiritual fellowship, where we love and support each other in the faith.
- to use our gifts, abilities, and resources to reach out and minister the Gospel message in our community.
- to enjoy the life Christ has blessed us with as we spur one another on to love and good works and shine like the stars in the universe.
- Our Means:
- through scheduled outings and social events which are held either in individual’s homes or other venues.
- A Prime Timer’s Sunday School class will be added as soon as we have the classroom space to accommodate one.
If you are interested and would like to serve in this ministry, or would like more information, please contact George Womer through the church office at 302-366-8539.
Have a GREAT day…and keep laughing!
If you don’t learn to laugh at trouble,
you won’t have anything to laugh at when you are old.
Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age,
and start bragging about it.
The older we get,
the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.